Tech-Air Street Airbag Vest
Alpinestars Tech-Air Street-e Airbag Vest
Tech-Air® is a groundbreaking electronic airbag system that offers riders upper body protection and the freedom to ride both on and off-road and in a wide range of weather conditions. The Tech-Air® System incorporates the airbag’s electronic control unit, componentry and airbag, which when inflated covers the back, kidney areas, chest and shoulders.
The Tech-Air® System, sold separately and completely self-contained, offers the possibility for the airbag to be used in conjunction with an Alpinestars airbag-compatible textile outer jacket for superb protection in all-weather and warm weather riding conditions.
The innovative and versatile Tech-Air® Street-E airbag system can be used with any type of motorcycle and/or scooter without the need to set-up, pair or reconfigure bike-to-rider or bike-to-passenger settings. The system is therefore immediately ready to be used at any time for any bike on any surface, and can be used equally for road riding and off road adventure touring.
- the Tech-Air® System has been designed to be used in conjunction with airbag-compatible outer jackets
- comprehensive inflatable upper body protection for back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen
- electronic sensors are securely and unobtrusively incorporated within the system’s chassis (in the shoulder area)
- it is completely self-contained and allows it to be worn interchangeably between compatible jackets
- constructed from a strong and durable mesh main shell with stretch poly-fabric on shoulders and torso for a compact and secure fit that is close to the rider’s body while allowing complete freedom of movement
- incorporates elastic waistband to position airbag system, to customize fit and improve adjustability
- full internal back lining constructed from 3D mesh for optimized levels of ventilation and breathability
- Airbag Control Unit (ACU) of Tech-Air® is incorporated within a strong, lightweight polymer back protector, which features an ergonomic plate construction for structural strength and a fit to follow the natural contours of the back
- Tech-Air® ACU is seal-protected to ensure its all-weather performance
- componentry is approved to function between -10 ⁰C and +50 ⁰C
- Tech-Air® ACU includes two connector cables allowing the rider to quickly and easily connect up to the outer jacket
- ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04, which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit
- Tech-Air® uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately six hours
- micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage
- color coded front YKK zippers allow the system to be easily and securely attached to an outer jacket
- Argon inflator cartridges are certified to ISO 14451 standard, meaning that they will only fire if commanded by the electronic unit
- it's approved that the cartridges can be handled, assembled and transported safely
- system’s firmware is upgradable and external service record will be managed by a custom-made data portal
- Tech-Air® is Category II approved to the 686/89/EEC European PPE Directive, using a version of EN1621-4:2013, which guarantees impact protection performance from 25 milliseconds to 5 seconds
- Tech-Air® design and manufacture is approved to the 2007/23/EC pyrotechnic directive, guaranteeing it has been assembled following all pyrotechnic handling and safety regulations, which means the system can be transported by car, ship, train or airplane
Note: This item can only be shipped within Europe!